Incisive Media and Investment Week are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
Investment Company of the Year Awards:
• The wine at this event was chosen from Italy and France to be as close the UK as was possible.
• Jugs of tap water are used instead of glass bottles
• Any signage at the event has been made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
• All programmes have been printed on FSC-certified paper
The Sheraton Grand Park Lane:
• All waste food is disposed of in an anaerobic food digester
• Energy efficient LED lighting is used throughout the whole hotel
• 20 hanging bike storage spaces are available for use
• All dry mixed waste is separated and diverted from landfill to be recycled into new materials
• The Sheraton is working towards a Green Key certification
• All fish and seafood is sustainably sourced
• The hotel uses a water filtration system to reduce their use of bottled water and overall glass bottle wastage, reducing their carbon footprint
Investment Week's Promise:
• Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
• All professional printing is printed on FSC-certified paper which is typically composed of virgin tree fibers and is guaranteed to be from sustainable forests so the health of the forest is maintained.